Saturday, July 17, 2010

WHAT IN THE WORLD AM I THINKING? AND WHAT AM I DOING HERE?


This is my first blog. I do not know what I was thinking when I told my daughter that I think I would like to start blogging. She encouraged me and came over today and said lets get your blog going.
I have followed so many blogs in the last couple of years and have learned so much especially about blogging, decorating and have found some great recipes.
I am a florist that works alone. I also am a collector of antique baskets, art and anything with chippy paint. I am here to share some of those things with you but not on my first blog. I need to get the feel of this here thing and let you get to know me first.
I am 60 years old and blessed with 3 grown children, a wonderful son-in-law and 2 wonderful daughter-in-laws. They have all given me the best gift a mother could ask for 4 precious grandsons.
I have lived in the same community in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mts for all of my years. It is truly God's country. I can stand on my front porch and look at the house across the field where I was raised til I was 5. My daughter and her family now live there. At the age of 5 we moved "Across the field" from that house. When I told my first grade teacher I was moving, she said we are going to miss you. I asked her why? I am just moving across the field. Funny how some things stick with you over time.
In this blog I will share some of my life experiences, but mostly my love of my family, my church, my collections and my crafting. There will be a few recipes. I have some wonderful ones from my Grandmother who passed away 3 years ago in June. Her grape juice pie was to die for. And her wine, well lets just say we all lived thru it!!!
Well I guess I will be back and hope you all will let me know how my first post went. Have a great evening, day, morning depending on where you are in the world. I am linking this up with http://www.romantichome.blogspot.com/ for Show & tell Friday. Be sure and check out all the wonderful blogs who have posted.

5 comments:

  1. Hey MeeMaw!
    I love it!! I can't wait to see all your creativity posted here. I'll be a regular. ;)
    Love you,
    April

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Glad you got started right away. Blogs are great therapy and much cheaper than a phsyciatrist ;). It's great that everyone else will get to share in your awesome creativity.
    Love you
    Signed, the daughter ;).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am new at this too I just started mine in April, It was so hard to take that first step, but Im glad I did. I kept blogs on my favorites for about a year and checked them everyday that way. Then I got up enough nerve to start mine.I work such crazy hours it is hard for me to post everday. But anyways I like it and welcome to the WORLD of blogging, Cant wait to see what you have in-store for us.Im sure its gonna be a treat. Have a good day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome. Congratulations on a wonderful beginning. You will enjoy this so much as long as you remember - do it your own way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the encouragement. I needs it.

    ReplyDelete