Monday, August 23, 2010

A HALF-HULL SHIP PAINTING

I am linking this to Smiling Sally's Blue Monday and Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show & Tell Friday.

     This is a half hull painting that I got at auction many years ago. The auction was held one a Wednesday in the evening.  By the time they got to the art, there were only about 5 people left. They put this with 4 other paintings and I got them all for $5.00.  I kept this one and another very large one of a docked fishing boat and sold the rest. This is also a large painting, but unusual in that it is a painting with a 3-D half ship attached to the painting.  It is 36" by 24" and is signed Capt. Howe. I have not been able to find anything about the artist. This hangs center stage in my dining room. The ship has been carved of wood and the sails are fabric. I love my blues, browns and white as you can see from all my post.

7 comments:

  1. How special!

    Happy Blue Monday, Sherry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a very lovely painting. The blue is very nice blue, brown and white.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty painting...and what a bargain you got!! Lucky you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a unique piece of art...very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see why you liked these paintings. Each one is very good and looks nice the way you are using them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sherry, I love this piece of artwork..it would look great in my dining room..enjoy this piece for many years to come.Hugs, Baba

    ReplyDelete