Thursday, November 18, 2010

CHRISTMAS WITH VINTAGE BRASS

I AM LINKING THIS POST TO BEYOND THE PICKET FENCE FOR THE UNDER $100 LINKY PARTY and Show and Tell Friday a My Romantic Home.
  I am getting in the Christmas mode getting ready for our local Christmas Bazaar. It is really easy to find vintage brass in our area. No one seems to use it much anymore. It makes for a haven for me. Much of what you find does need a lot of polishing and in this fast paced era no one wants that extra work it takes to bring it back to it former beauty. 
  I found the candleholders and the compote at yardsales for $1.00 each.  The silks I was fortunate to find at a yardsale of a former Florist that was selling all of her unused silks and Christmas greens. The silks were all  25 cents each and all the new garlands and wreaths were 50 cents each. I was in florist heaven!!! I purchased the battery candlesticks at the dollar store, so you can see that this project was a steal to make. I love bargains like that so I can keep my prices down for the bazaar.
  The brass candlesticks I attached an o'daptor, which is a plastic attachment for candleholders to put fresh on silk flowers in. You can also just use a piece of sahara (the foam for silk flowers) to the top of the candleholder with hot glue. I first placed my candle in and worked the greens and silks around it. I also placed a piece of sahara in the compote with hot glue and just worked the greens and silks in it also to coordinate with the candleholders. Quick and easy.
   Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check out all of the other items at Beyond the Picket Fence.

5 comments:

  1. These are so pretty! I love shopping at yard sales for bargains that I can redo. Thanks so much for visiting, and for your nice comments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very pretty. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! Good luck at the bazaar! Thank you so much for leaving the sweet comment on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh, those turned out gorgeous! What a bargain Ÿ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! They look amazing!

    E+J

    ReplyDelete